[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 2167: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 2167: Array to string conversion
Droid Life Forum • View topic - USB input/desktop mode

USB input/desktop mode

Cases, docks, car mounts, etc. All the new extra goodies.

USB input/desktop mode

Postby Timoh » Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:25 am

Lets see if we can use USB input with a hub in place of Bluetooth for device input.

Topic reference: http://www.droid-life.com/2012/02/10/vi ... -computer/
Timoh

Re: USB input/desktop mode

Postby kirilv » Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:27 pm

Wait, is that all we wanted to do? I thought it was MHL and data transfer over a USB hub.

I guess let's start small and go up... unless someone has a powered hub, USB mouse/keyboard, a proper MHL adapter, and USB drive lying around, in which case, hook them all up and tell us what happens.
kirilv

Postby Timoh » Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:47 pm

Yeah, sorry I did mean while using the mhl for video output.
Timoh

Postby kirilv » Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:34 am

On a semi-related note, I've been having some problems with my Nexus the more I use it as a "desktop computer". It gets pretty hot when doing that -- from about 24C or 30C regularly, to around 50C when used for a little while. Also, I usually use it on Wifi, but I have started to use it on 4G, since it is much faster, and have found that MHL has problems with 4G. On 3G or Wifi, MHL works fine, but as soon as I switch to 4G, MHL starts to cut in and out and becomes unusable.
kirilv

Return to Accessories