Need some help. I've looked around in various places and I just get more confused. I don't have a permanent clockwork recovery. And can't seem to get one. I followed these steps from Droid Life.
Rooting and flashing a custom recovery:
*Unlock your bootloader first. [Instructions][/indent]
1. Download ClockworkMod Recovery for the G-Nex. [Download]
2. Place that file in your SDK/Tools folder (same place as your adb.exe).
3. Download the superuser file aka the root file. [Download]
4. Place that file in your SDK/Tools folder.
5. Open a command prompt from within your Tools folder and type the following:[indent]
adb push su.zip /sdcard/[/indent]
6. Then reboot into the bootloader:[indent]
adb reboot bootloader[/indent]
7. When the boot menu loads, flash the new recovery image:[indent]
fastboot flash recovery recovery-clockwork-22.214.171.124-toro.img[/indent]
8. When that finishes, use the volume keys to highlight “Recovery mode,” press power to select it.
9. From recovery, scroll to “Install zip from sdcard.”
10. Then “choose zip from sdcard.”
11. Choose the “su.zip” file and install it.
12. When that finishes, back out of recovery and reboot the system.
13. Enjoy being rooted with a temporary recovery. (Permanent instructions below)
Afterwards, you will want to install ROM Manager from the market and have it re-flash recovery for you.
Make your first backup:
1. Now that you are rooted and have a custom recovery, it’s time to make your first clean backup.
2. In ROM Manager, flash Clockwork recovery again (it’s the first option up top).
3. Then tap the option to reboot into recovery just below that.
4. Once in recovery, scroll down to “backup and restore.”
5. Choose “backup” and let your phone create a backup.
6. When finished, back out of recovery and reboot the system.
My problem is here. I can't do the next step. Can't delete /system/reboot-from-recovery.p. It doesn't exist in Root Explorer. Is this sequence correct?
I'm fine up until it says to install ROM Manager. Am I supposed to go into root explorer and rename /system/reboot-from-recovery.p this file with a .bak NOW or do I go into ROM Manager, re-flash, and THEN go to Root Explorer and rename the file.