[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 2167: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 2167: Array to string conversion
Droid Life Forum • View topic - help with D1 root and roms

help with D1 root and roms

The latest Rooting tricks and hacking tips

help with D1 root and roms

Postby stabiner » Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:53 am

Droid
C_01.3E.03P
2.6.32.9-cm-stk mtwebster@eng-laptop #1
CyanogenMod-6.1.2-Droid
FRG83D

Rom Manager Premium v3.0.0.2
ClockworkMod 2.5.0.1

Problem. I'd like to try out other roms (BB and Project Elite) but can't. I believe I rooted via SuperOneClick Root.

From this configuration I cannot boot into recovery via Rom manager nor holding x and power. When I hold x and power it just cycles through the Moto logo over and over. Using Rom Manager I tried flashing an alternate recovery (SPrecovery). I could boot into this however when trying to install a new Rom it didn't let me. It said invalid or something.

Any thoughts and how to get other roms on my droid?

Thanks
stabiner

Re: help with D1 root and roms

Postby sherri » Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:27 pm

After you flash the alternate recovery, flash clockwork again. Now you should be able to boot into clockwork recovery. Sometimes, I think it is easier to download ROM's via pc! (Just try the flashing thing first....)

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
sherri

Postby stabiner » Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:08 am

thanks but no juice :( Flashed sp then back to clockwork. Still just cycles through the moto boot screen.
stabiner

Postby sherri » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:33 am

I had to do this a few times. I do nit know why. Just tried adding. Flashed CM mod recovery. Said "successfully flashed ...." Tried booting into recovery. No can do. Pulled battery. Rebooted. Flashed SPRecovery. Hit "reboot into recovery"...Rebooted into SPRecovery mode. Just hit "reboot now"... Once rebooted, went to ROM manager, flashed CW recovery, and hit reboot. Opened into CW recovery mode....

Don't know why this happens, but it is a known issue. I find that I can download ROM's from pc and it works beautifully. I have been using CM since I rooted, as it was only ROM that let my blinking light work while screen was on. I think MIUI does this as well.

If you need help, I can try!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
sherri

Postby stabiner » Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:55 am

I'll give it a try tonight. thanks.
stabiner

Return to Root & Hacking