[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 2167: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 2167: Array to string conversion
Droid Life Forum • View topic - @googlenexus Puzzles for a Galaxy Nexus

@googlenexus Puzzles for a Galaxy Nexus

General Discussions go here.

Moderator: 2Ceedz

@googlenexus Puzzles for a Galaxy Nexus

Postby baldypal » Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:56 am

@googlenexus: Announcing the Galaxy Nexus Challenge: 10 chances in 10 days for @googlenexus followers to win a tasty Galaxy Nexus w/ Android 4.0 #ICS

Alright everybody! I wanted to start a new thread for the puzzels @googlenexus started on 11/11/2011 on Twitter. First round begins 11/12/2011 @ 9AM Pacific Time.

Also, here is the times and dates other puzzles will be announced:
November 12, 2011 9:00 AM
November 13, 2011 3:00 AM
November 14, 2011 3:00 PM
November 15, 2011 12:01 AM
November 16, 2011 9:00 PM
November 17, 2011 12:01 PM
November 18, 2011 6:00 AM
November 19, 2011 9:00 AM
November 20, 2011 6:00 PM
November 21, 2011 3:00 PM
baldypal

Re: @googlenexus Puzzles for a Galaxy Nexus

Postby baldypal » Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:49 am

Puzzle 1:
Challenge 1: http://goo.gl/H5jUh. Androids bring a message to you!

Submit Challenge 1 response as: "#GalaxyNexus is well-traveled, coming to @googlenexus from [answer]" Rules: http://goo.gl/5dpAK

A googol of responses! If you haven't found the message, here's a hint: Dots are like flag signals
baldypal

Postby foo » Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:40 pm

what do you think it is?
foo

Postby baldypal » Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:58 pm

foo wrote:what do you think it is?

I don't think it's "6 continents and 44 countries" or "Google". Both having nothing to do with flag signals and way too easy.
baldypal

Postby baldypal » Sat Nov 12, 2011 5:14 pm

Answer: #GalaxyNexus is well-traveled, coming to @googlenexus from Sandwich Islands.

very tough. i didnt figure it out. i cant take that credit. The dots represent the semaphore flag signals for "What did J Cook call Hawaii?" The dots were positions of flags with each letter of the word represented with that one android. wow, it's not just hard to figure out but hard to explain too.
baldypal

Postby 2Ceedz » Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:59 am

Yeah,
Google's known for not making their puzzle's the easiest. Kinda surprised the RAZR's scavenger was so 'easy' this time around.

I (like almost everyone here) really want a G-Nex, and am trying to get these, but work majorly interrupts these contests, LOL. ;-)

Good luck to all and lets keep posting here so that (hopefully) one of us can win one. :-D

@googlenexusGoogle Nexus

*Challenge 2: Make something geeky & edible. Include #deliciousness & @googlenexus in your submission
*For Challenge 2, we will accept photos/videos of submissions on Sun 11/20 from 12:01am-11:59pm Pacific Time. #deliciousness
*Challenge 2 entries evaluated on creativity, originality & use of humor. Rules: http://goo.gl/5dpAK. Can't wait to see what you concoct!
*For Challenge 2, please note we will accept #deliciousness @googlenexus submissions starting on Sun 11/20 from 12:01am-11:59pm Pacific Time

Wow, back to home-ec! LOL.. too bad im not creative!
2Ceedz

Postby baldypal » Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:25 pm

Challenge 3: http://goo.gl/pwzgZ. Phidippides traced a long path. Followers of his steps honored their countries. Find the path's message!

Submit Challenge 3 response as: "#ICS & @googlenexus show you [answer]". Rules: http://goo.gl/5dpAK

Challenge 3 is a marathon. Hints: Read path shape. How many path segments touch each city? Medal type and medalist's country are important.

Phidippides was a Greek who came up with the marathon and olympics. i think this is refering to olypics since all the cities were places the olympics were held. i've ordered them and tried several different things such as count numbers around each city, turned that number to the cooresponding letter in the alphabet but all i got was jiberish. PJIQM JQPLN GLLOP JLM OIPFPM. Can you make anything of that.

I'm focusing on the part of the clue that says "traced a long path". whatcha got?
baldypal

Postby DBK » Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:06 pm

A lot of people were getting "nenikèkamen (we have won)", but I have no idea how. :(

*returns to being confuddled* :?

Edit: Looks like the answer was "the world in high definition". How they got that is beyond me.... :?
DBK

Postby baldypal » Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:50 am

DBK wrote:A lot of people were getting "nenikèkamen (we have won)", but I have no idea how. :(

*returns to being confuddled* :?

Edit: Looks like the answer was "the world in high definition". How they got that is beyond me.... :?

That "N" word was what Phidippidi said to the king after he ran he marathon to announce the victory and then he fell down and died. was it worth it? I have no idea how to put these puzzle together. I traced the countries in order and then after the "hint" tweet started writing down gold medal winners. but i gave up when i couldnt figure out if they wanted gold, silver, or bronze winners. and then the femail gender symbol was throwing me off too. i suppose they wanted to know the name of the female winner, but then there was one where i couldn't find that the females participated that year.

BTW - unless the puzzle lead somewhere else, "the world in high definition" makes no sense.
baldypal

Postby 2Ceedz » Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:52 pm

Ok, im more then lost (and too lazy) to try to figure out puzzle #3.... more lost then anything, LOL. Here's #4, another Artsy one:

googlenexusGoogle Nexus
Chall. 4: Create awesome geeky art. Post links to photos of your art w/ #nexusmasterpiece & @googlenexus. Must also post 1 photo of progress

googlenexusGoogle Nexus
Important: Submissions accepted starting Monday 11/21, 12:01am-11:59pm Pacific Time. Win Challenge 4 with creativity, originality & humor...
12 hours ago

googlenexusGoogle Nexus
Chall.4: original work, no copyrighted images. Remember: include 1 photo of progress to confirm originality. Full rules http://goo.gl/5dpAK
12 hours ago
2Ceedz

Postby DBK » Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:19 pm

Oh I agree it makes no sense at all, but it looks like that indeed was the answer.

Flipping it the bird and moving on....

Challenge 4 also sucks. I don't have an ounce of art in me..... -__-
DBK

Postby baldypal » Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:56 pm

Challenge 3: My gut says they have it wrong. "The world in high definition" makes no sense with medals and names and the path.

Unless I missed something (like the published proof that is the right answer from Google) i'm still working on it. Was anyone near anything before "the world in high definition" came out?
baldypal

Postby baldypal » Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:05 pm

So much for that crap...you were right...

I still don't know how to get that answer and it took them 3 tweets to explain it...
baldypal

Postby DBK » Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:46 pm

lol I know right? I read their explanation and some how am even more confuddled.....
DBK

Postby DBK » Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:12 am

New Challenge up:

Challenge 5: http://goo.gl/Ctyxo. Submit response as: "With @googlenexus and #ICS you can [answer]" Rules: http://goo.gl/5dpAK

Edit: Of course as I am trying to figure it out I find out it has already been solved (within 30 minutes of the above tweet being posted). FML.....

Solution: http://yfrog.com/kln5yjzj

I'm really hating that these puzzles are being solved so quickly (with the exception of that last one). I have no chance at this rate. Between the artsy stuff (which I can't do) and these ridiculous puzzles that are being solved way too quickly, I am starting to wonder why I am even continuing to bother.
DBK

Postby DBK » Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:56 am

Well challenge 6 and 7 went by quick. 7 was another artsy one, but this time poetry, something I can actually do. So I did. Here's hoping.

Challenge 8 is up and looks to be solved already. This one I managed to solve rather quickly but of course, as usual, this was solved before I solved it.

Challenge 8: http://goo.gl/oJgMm. Stop and visit your Androidified friends - see what they have to tell you!

Submit Challenge 8 response as: "#ICS & @googlenexus let you [answer]"

Solution: https://twitter.com/?photo_id=1#!/TheJu ... 12/photo/1

Waiting for the next challenge.

Edit: The solution is correct, but the final answer may actually be different
- "Use While No Bar" instead of "Now Use Brailhe" since Braille is obviously spelled wrong (although given their history I wouldn't put that past them).
DBK

Postby baldypal » Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:06 pm

DBK wrote:Well challenge 6 and 7 went by quick. 7 was another artsy one, but this time poetry, something I can actually do. So I did. Here's hoping.

Challenge 8 is up and looks to be solved already. This one I managed to solve rather quickly but of course, as usual, this was solved before I solved it.

Challenge 8: http://goo.gl/oJgMm. Stop and visit your Androidified friends - see what they have to tell you!

Submit Challenge 8 response as: "#ICS & @googlenexus let you [answer]"

Solution: https://twitter.com/?photo_id=1#!/TheJu ... 12/photo/1

Waiting for the next challenge.

Edit: The solution is correct, but the final answer may actually be different
- "Use While No Bar" instead of "Now Use Brailhe" since Braille is obviously spelled wrong (although given their history I wouldn't put that past them).

What are the androids along the bottom for? And when have we heard of Braille being a new feature of ICS?
baldypal

Postby DBK » Sat Nov 19, 2011 5:16 pm

baldypal wrote:What are the androids along the bottom for? And when have we heard of Braille being a new feature of ICS?

I'm wrong again. Apparently you are supposed to use the androids on the bottom as a key to read the grid - in braille (thus that line).

The real answer is:

#ICS & @googlenexus let you unlock your galaxy nexus phone with a smile.

Oh well I tried.
DBK

Postby baldypal » Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:29 pm

I'm about to give up all together. Here's hoping my edible dessert for challenge 2 is a winner.
baldypal

Postby DBK » Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:24 pm

Seriously. These things are so friggen complicated. Too bad I can't bake/cook if my life depended on it or I would have done that challenge too. :(
DBK

Next

Return to General Chat