[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 2167: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 2167: Array to string conversion
Droid Life Forum • View topic - [HOW-TO] Manually deodex your phone.

[HOW-TO] Manually deodex your phone.

SenSeX and more!

Moderator: Webst3r

[HOW-TO] Manually deodex your phone.

Postby Webst3r » Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:16 am

I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR WHATEVER HAPPENS TO YOUR PHONE!

You must be rooted!

This is a guide on manually deodexing, you phone. (Duh!)

The reason I am making this tutorial is because I could not get my theme to work with Teenfaces deodexed nandroid. You may want to follows this if you have the same problem as me, or if you just want to take a shot at doing it.

What you'll need:
A Windows based machine
xUltimate v2.2
Patience

Process:

Unzip xUltimate v2.2, and launch "Main.exe"
If everything goes well xUlt should recognize the phone and make a connection. You now should see a list of options.
Run option 1. After option 1 is done, run option 2.
Now these well take a while. Run option 3.
IMPORTANT: After you have run option 3, you MUST navigate to the xUltimate folder and find "origi_frame" folder, and delete "guava.odex". It's a bad file, and interferes with deodexing process.
Now run option 4, and wait.
Exit xUltimate, and put the phone in USB mass storage.
Go back into the xUltimate folder and copy "done_frame", and "done_app", and move them to the root of the sdcard.
Open a command prompt, and do the following:

Code: Select all
adb shell
su
stop
mount -o rw,remount -t ext3 /dev/block/mmcblk1p21 /system
cp /sdcard/done_app/* /system/app/
cp /sdcard/done_frame/* /system/framework/
rm /system/app/*.odex
rm /system/framework/*.odex
mount -o ro,remount -t ext3 /dev/block/mmcblk1p21 /system
reboot

Your phone should now be deodexed!

You may notice an increase in speed, and you now have the ability to edit certain files with greater effects. (i.e. services.jar)

Credits:
Rainabba and Mike919: For initially working with me to get a white clock, and later deodex.
toxman: For testing, and being a huge risk taker.
teenfaces: For letting me use his services.jar
And especially Xeudoxus: For letting me a guinea pig, for xUltimate, and answering my questions. And also for the making the xUltimate tool. It defiantly makes thing easier.
Webst3r

Re: [HOW-TO] Manually deodex your phone.

Postby Maizekid » Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:35 am

I saw on a website the ability to just do this as an update.zip have you heard anything about that?
Maizekid

Postby BigDadE » Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:25 am

yes you can its over at droidforums.net ill post the link up
http://alldroid.org/default.aspx?g=posts&t=806
BigDadE

Postby auchief » Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:44 pm

I got to the adb shell part of this process but i can't get past that. I have done everything to the letter here but it keeps telling me cp: not found I am copying and pasting everything so I'm not mis-entering any of the commands.

*edit*

nvm, I found this link that helped me out. I had to use the command "busybox cp" rather than just "cp" after I did this it worked like a charm.
auchief

Postby jthacker » Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:36 am

Are there any other update.zip files that will automatically deodex my current version/ROM? I ran across this thread: http://alldroid.org/default.aspx?g=posts&t=904 but I'm not having any luck with pushing the update.zip through ClockworkMod...it just sits there at "installing."

I assume something like the deodex update.zip will be the only way to deodex without doing it manually or flashing a new ROM...is that correct?
jthacker

Return to Webst3r