[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 2167: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 2167: Array to string conversion
Droid Life Forum • View topic - Newly rooted DInc... which ROM?

Newly rooted DInc... which ROM?

YARR!!! the HTC PIRATE!

Newly rooted DInc... which ROM?

Postby Stevaroo01 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:51 am

So, I finally bit the bullet and rooted my DInc. I have taken advantage of a few of the benefits of rooting already by removing a few VZ bloatware apps, I've installed an add blocker, and I've installed ROM manager and made a backup of my stock Sense UI.

I'm pretty please with the way Sense looks and works, but since I'm rooted, I'd love to give a few other ROM's and themes a try. Any recommendations? I'd prefer to be able to do the deed using ROM Manager to make it as easy as possible, since I'm still pretty new at all of this.

I appreciate your comments/suggestions!
Stevaroo01

Re: Newly rooted DInc... which ROM?

Postby rkerns » Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:38 am

Welcome to the wonderful world of Root! And congrads on taking the initiative to truly "own" your phone. I am on rooted Inc currently running HeyitsLou's Redemption Rom. It is absolutely amazing and maintains the Sense feel that you are accustomed to. I have tried and like many others but this has been my favorite so far. You will definitely find that flashing roms is an addictive hobby and a great learning tool. I started using Rom Manager as well and still do sometimes but the list of roms is somewhat limited for our Inc.

It is simply to download roms to your desktop and drop them to your sd card and them you can use RM to download rom from sd card. Again, I have tried many roms and enjoyed most. I am a BIG fan of HeyitsLou and IncredicbleDoes as developers so you may want to look to their work, The Redemption Rom I am on is built on true Inc. framework so it is silky smooth as opposed to some others that are adapted from EVO frames. It is very fast and stable and easily mod'd with themes that were built for Remption Rom.. I'm no expert... just benefit from the great work of really fantastic and gracious developers. PM me if you need links or assistance... Have Fun!
rkerns

Postby Stevaroo01 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:20 pm

Thank you very much for your suggestion! I think I'll give this Redemption ROM a try. I like the idea of using a ROM that is designed for my DInc and not just adapted for it.

You say you have links? Any place in particular that I can go to follow the work of the Dev's that you mentioned?
Stevaroo01

Postby rkerns » Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:05 pm

PM'd you. Check your inbox and have fun.
rkerns

Postby aintish » Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:07 am

Thanks so much, this thread was helpful. I just rooted last night... now i'm looking like nowwhat?? :?
aintish

Postby Hilly » Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:01 am

Check out this thread on the XDA forums for a good list of DInc ROMS

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=875819
Hilly

Return to Droid Incredible