[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 2167: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 2167: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Droid Life Forum • View topic - Fly v0.1 Final

Fly v0.1 Final

STEVENBIRD.INFO

Moderator: birdman

Fly v0.1 Final

Postby Phoxus » Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:30 am

Well after the RC went out, bugs flew everywhere...here are the changes to this version.

Search button fixed
Voice Search now included
Phone as Modem option enabled (in usb modes) (UNTESTED!)
in windows, it asks for drivers, if you make it farther than that, let me know. (if this option leads to nothing after this release, ill remove it)
nodev and nosuid removed from mount_ext3.sh
Superuser.apk and su updated to the newest versions (2.3.5 creds to chainsdd)
the new version allows you to check for updates from the apk!
Bootanimation by @wjddesigns
Easter Egg notification
A Seperate swype.apk will be available tomorrow via rom manager, for now download it from here -

IF YOU INSTALLED RC1, YOU DO NOT HAVE TO WIPE DATA (gift to early adopters).

Available in rom manager now!

quoted from my close friend Steven. He's getting his rest after staying up till 5 am to put this up there.

HOW TO INSTALL WITHOUT ROM MANAGER....

My experience from coming from RC1 v0.1 to Final v0.1
I HIGHLY RECOMMEND Titanium backup before doing so (It did pull all apps from market back however and wasn't necessary after I wiped data)

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND WIPING DATA BEFORE INSTALLING.

http://droid.co/birdman/Flyv0.1.zip
Advanced options:
http://droid.co/birdman/buildproptweaks.zip <-- Beesley's amazing build prop tweaks, update.zip format for Clockwork Recovery
SWYPE: http://droid.co/birdman/swype.zip <-- To add it back in update.zip format
Phoxus

Re: Fly v0.1 Final

Postby RJM » Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:32 pm

Thank You Phoxus,
Don't mean to be a tard, but there may be a bunch of us who have waited on installing the 1st release because of the reported bugs judging from the small number of downloads (+ I am a slow learner ;0 ) but have really been looking forward to this final release.

So, from DX rooted with 2.2 can u give us some directions for steps to install this final release of Fly 0.1?

BTW, I do not have ROM manager installed right now, nor do I have the Koush bootloader -and I am guessing those are necessary - right?

Thanks
RJM

Postby Phoxus » Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:57 pm

Currently another option would be rooting, bootstrapping, then placing this zip file on SDCARD
Rebooting into recovery and installing that specific zip.

See my edit to the original post.
Phoxus

Postby Beesley » Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:14 pm

If you guys like my build.prop edits, but dont like the LCD Density hack, here is a build.prop for you. Includes everything except for the LCD hack.

http://www.mediafire.com/?w4860c0fddw4ao2
I'm currently unemployed and donations --> http://bit.ly/bOcvMq Are always appreciated. I'll take this down as soon as I'm hired. If you dont have any money, and I've helped you... then just pay it forward and help someone else. Viva La Android :)
Beesley

Postby supergopher » Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:04 pm

so i downloaded the fly x final rom and when i flash it i get the fly x boot animation but the it still looks like blur and i lose all my apps, am i doing something wrong or do i just not understand how this works?
supergopher

Postby IrishCream » Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:25 pm

So I have a rooted Droid X running the leaked froyo and have removed the bloat that I wanted gone... what do I benefit by running this other than Birdman and Co being so awesome
IrishCream

Postby jaybird163 » Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:11 pm

Bird,
First off, thank you for all your hard work. You are the man (shameless a**-kissery)

Having said that...
I rooted and installed froyo 2.2 but i was experiencing a few too many bugs/glitches (laggy response, jumpy screen transitions, lock screen stutter when swiping, etc) plus i lost root (i know there was a fix for that too but...) so i flashed the sbf back to stock 2.1 up1.
I very much wish to try out your ROM...
Forgive the noob-ness of this question but do i have to reflash the 2.2 leak before i can flash your ROM...?
i'm assuming i do but i just want confirmation...

Again, thanks for all you do
jaybird163

Postby RJM » Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:16 pm

Phoxus wrote:Currently another option would be rooting, bootstrapping, then placing this zip file on SDCARD

I'm afraid I am missing a step here. I asked about going from DX 2.2 rooted no themes to the Fly Final and not sure I have what I need. I did not install the first FlyX release.

I would like to do things the easy way - so is this right???
1. Install and run Koush bootstrap
2. Install ROM Manager, flash alternate then flash Clockwork
3. Install FlyX Final with BackUp and wipe data and cache

Is that all there is? (I do have and use, Titanium Backup).
RJM

Postby IrishCream » Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:30 pm

RJM wrote:
Phoxus wrote:Currently another option would be rooting, bootstrapping, then placing this zip file on SDCARD

I'm afraid I am missing a step here. I asked about going from DX 2.2 rooted no themes to the Fly Final and not sure I have what I need. I did not install the first FlyX release.

U have it set...

1. Back up ALL SYSTEM AND APP DATA in Titanium
2. Run BootStrap Recovery
3. Run ROM Manager --> Download Rom -->Birdman --Fly X Final
4. Let that download but hit cancel when it asks you to wipe
5. Run ROM Manager --> Download Rom--> Birdman -- Build.prop mods
6. Pull down Notification bar... hit Fly X Final and then check both back up and wipe
7. Hit okay to boot into ClockWorkRecovery
At this point just watch your recovery work its magic and install
8. When booted up and configured, run Titanium Backup to restore all user data and apps and you are set

I was hesitant but said fuck it and did it. Works great so far! Thanks to all involved!!!
IrishCream

Postby RJM » Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:30 pm

IrishCream. Thanks amigo, I'm on it. RJM
RJM

Postby Koroz » Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:36 pm

supergopher wrote:so i downloaded the fly x final rom and when i flash it i get the fly x boot animation but the it still looks like blur and i lose all my apps, am i doing something wrong or do i just not understand how this works?

I am new to android so if my answer is wrong I hope someone corrects me as the Droid X has been my first attempt at software mods on phones. My understanding of your question would lead me to believe you thought this was already themed and removed blur 2.2 release, it isn't.

He has deodexed, rooted, optimized version of 2.2 with some custom stuff thrown in but it is still Android 2.2 w/ MotoBLUR. I believe he is working on a Vanilla 2.2 Froyo with out blur for release after this was done. As for your apps, I don't know why sometimes my apps will reinstall using a rom and sometimes they don't to be honest because sometimes when I am switching around releases I will get my apps back other times I have to use appbrain to get them.
Koroz

Postby RJM » Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:52 am

IrishCream wrote:
RJM wrote:

U have it set...

1. Back up ALL SYSTEM AND APP DATA in Titanium
2. Run BootStrap Recovery
3. Run ROM Manager --> Download Rom -->Birdman --Fly X Final
4. Let that download but hit cancel when it asks you to wipe
5. Run ROM Manager --> Download Rom--> Birdman -- Build.prop mods
6. Pull down Notification bar... hit Fly X Final and then check both back up and wipe
7. Hit okay to boot into ClockWorkRecovery
At this point just watch your recovery work its magic and install
8. When booted up and configured, run Titanium Backup to restore all user data and apps and you are set

I was hesitant but said fuck it and did it. Works great so far! Thanks to all involved!!!

IrishCream,
I stayed up way too late playing with my phone, but everything is up and running. So thanks for giving me that last nudge.
For anyone following, I did not get the exact same results in steps 5 and 6. I had to DL and flash FlyX then go back and dl and flash the build.prop because once I dl'd the 2nd (build.prop) I couldn't find FlyX in the notification bar. Doing them one at a time worked out.

I ran into a common problem that everyone should be aware of- my phone would reboot into recovery whenever I rebooted. It was a simple step to just select "Reboot" from the recovery screen, but it was still a problem. The answer, solved by others and noted here, is to make sure you reload Koush's bootstrap and give it superuser permissions. Once that is done the phone boots normally and "Flys". My quadrant scores went up 14% and I haven't even reset all my preferences or "frozen" some of the things I don't use.

Anyway, the Droid X and I are about to start our work day - I am anxious to see how she performs. Phoxus, Beesley (chk ur paypal) and Irish Cream and everyone else who contributes here - grassy ass.

RJM
RJM

Postby IrishCream » Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:17 am

This ROM is definitely fast as fuck
IrishCream

Postby mark729 » Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:15 pm

I installed this rom and can't see the asian language. it all appears like ㅁㅁㅁㅁㅁ.
mark729

Postby hellboy2232 » Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:05 pm

I am on thihs rom and now my sync wont go away. Ive tried to delete accounts and put them back. Also i have rebooted and pulled battery. Any ideas?
hellboy2232

Postby Jmstark512 » Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:19 pm

This seems to be a very nice rom but I am having one small problem. Once the rom is installed Jorte can't sync with Google calendar anymore. In another forum someone said this is due to blurcalendarprovider service not being loaded. Whether that is the case or not does anyone jere know how to get it working again either through making this service load once more in FlyX or a different means?

The apk Is still in system/apps but not loaded and trying to re-install the apk fails.
Jmstark512

Postby Phigment » Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:44 am

I just can't help it, I love the name Birdman - every time I see it I think of the Hanna-Barbara superhero - Biiiirdman!
Phigment

Postby paul » Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:55 pm

I am very pleased with my experience using FLyX v0.1 Final thus far, but I'd like to make a quick post to mention the issues I have run into. I will edit this post appropriately if I find solutions or any more issues. It should be noted that I am also using Beesley's fully modded build.prop (including pixel density and market spoof).

Panorama Assist
Switching the camera to Panorama Assist mode (of any sort) causes the camera to force close. A user on AllDroid has reported the same issue.

Dialer - Voicemail
Hitting the voicemail button in the Dialer causes a force close. I use Google Voice and will further investigate this issue to determine if it's exclusive to a GV voicemail setup.
paul

Postby BigDadE » Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:44 pm

hellboy2232 wrote:I am on thihs rom and now my sync wont go away. Ive tried to delete accounts and put them back. Also i have rebooted and pulled battery. Any ideas?

Yeah same here
BigDadE

Postby IrishCream » Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:12 am

Yahoo Fantasy Football FCs at start up on Fly X.... also...random reboots when unlocking from time to time...

I do have P3Droid's Tranquility running over it though
IrishCream

Next

Return to Birdman