[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 2167: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 2167: Array to string conversion
Droid Life Forum • View topic - newly rooted, confused about rom's

newly rooted, confused about rom's

Motorola Droid X

newly rooted, confused about rom's

Postby bobbyz44 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:17 pm

I'm hoping some one can walk me through this
i searched the forums for some things already
okay so i have a couple questions so bear with me.

so i have
DX
z4root
rom manager
busybox
bootstrapper
metamorph
root explorer
backup pro

so every time i DL a ROM i can only use "their" themes?
and every time i want to change my theme i have to DL the appropriate ROM?
do i have to delete the previous ROM or do i just keep letting them pile up?
and im confused with deodex, do i need it or is it just for the 928droid theme?

if someone can help me with this it would be greatly appreicated
bobbyz44

Re: newly rooted, confused about rom's

Postby Admann » Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:18 pm

For the DX you will need z4root unless you flash a Gingerbread based ROM, then you use Gingerbreak. You will also need Droid 2 Recovery Bootstrap...it work with both non Gingerbread and Gingerbread ROM's. I prefer to use Titanium Backup myself but I've read Backup Pro is just as good. Busybox is almost always loaded in any ROM you will flash. Unfortunately on the DX when you flash a ROM you stuck with their theme unless you theme the launcher. Only phones on T-Mobile or can run Cyanogen(mod) can you really change the theme. When I flash a new ROM or an updated version, I always do a full nandroid and keep it until I either updated again or flash a new ROM. You only go back one step and not two...get it. Regarding deodex, check this link: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid- ... dexed.html

hope this helps...
Admann

Return to Droid X